Seminar 12th June 2019 – Düsseldorf, Germany
Contributions to Decarbonising German and European Industries
The partners of the Northern Light CO2 storage project, HeidelbergCement and Fortum invite industry, policy makers, unions and other stakeholders for an update on the development of carbon capture and storage (CCS) in Europe. This seminar will discuss the current challenges, milestones and potential for a greener industry in Europe.
Dear participant at the upcoming seminar Contributions to Decarbonising German and European Industries, in Düsseldorf June 12th. :The organisers would like to wish you a warm welcome.
Venue: European Cement Research Academy /ECRA)/ Verein Deutscher Zementwerke (VDZ), Tannenstrasse 2, 40476 Düsseldorf - look in map
Time: 10:30 – 16:00, including lunch (Registration and coffee from 10:00)
Language: The seminar will be held in English
Accommodation: The participants arrange their own travel and accommodation
Below is an updated agenda and speakers:
For further information, please contact Rune Sjøhelle, Senior Advisor at Fo°tprint. Communications: [email protected]
The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) states in their latest 1.5-degree report that CCS is necessary to meet the goals in the Paris agreement. CCS is therefore an important foundation for future sustainable industry growth in Europe. Speakers will present background and reasoning for CCS, present a status on current European projects and pilots as well as financing and the politics concerning CCS.
(Timing is subject to adjustments)
10:00 – 10:30 Arrival, registration and coffee
10:30 – 11:55 Approaches to decarbonisation
- Dr. Martin Schneider, Chief Executive, VDZ
- Rikard Gaarder Knutsen, State Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, Norway
- Are Tomasgard, Confederal Secretary, Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions (LO)
- Dr Lukas John, project manager, IN4Climate. NRW
- Guido Nelissen, Senior Policy Adviser, IndustriAll European Trade Union
11:50 – 12:35 Lunch
12:40 – 13:40 Carbon capture and storage – how and why?
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Kümpel, Acatech, National Academy of Science and Engineering
- Eirik Folkvord Tandberg, Managing Director, Fortum Oslo Varme
- Per Sandberg, Senior Advisor, Business Development, Equinor/Northern Lights CO2 project
- Stuart Haszeldine, Professor of Carbon Capture and Storage, School of GeoSciences, University of Edinburgh
13:40 – 14:00 Coffee break
14:00 – 16:00 Projects and funding
- Jan Theulen, Group Director Alternative Resources, HeidelbergCement
- Per Ytterberg, Head of System Development, Stockholm Exergi
- Christian Holzleitner, Head of Unit, Land Use and Finance for Innovation, The EU Commission's Directorate-General for Climate Action
- Panel discussion, Dr. Martin Schneider (VDZ), Dr. Lukas Köhler (Member of the Bundestag for the Free Democratic Party), Oscar Graff (Aker Solutions) moderated by Olav Øye, CCS Advisor, Bellona.
|The event is supported by
the Bellona Foundation
|The event is supported by
The Northern Light CO2 storage project
| The event is supported by
Fortum Oslo Varme